Introducing the Kenwood NX-5200 /5300 / 5400 VHF/UHF/700-800 digital transceiver P25 (I & II)/NXDN multi-digital & FM analog portable radio.
The Kenwood NX-5000 Series offers unsurpassed interoperability for a wide variety of users as it supports three digital CAIs — NXDN, DMR and P25 (Phase 1 & 2) — plus FM analog in a single radio. Best of all, a desired CAI can be selected at will, giving you the freedom to migrate at your own pace — whether you are intent on going fully digital, undecided about which digital system to pick, or just wanting to maintain both digital and analog for a while. An NX-5000 radio can simultaneously support two digital protocols plus analog, offering the following combinations: FM/DMR/ NXDN, FM/NXDN/P25, and FM/DMR/P25.
- NXDN: A desired CAI can be selected at will – whether you are intent on going fully digital, undecided about which digital system to pick, or just wanting to maintain both digital and analog for a while. The NXDN air interface can fit into the very narrow 6.25 kHz bandwidth using FDMA technology. Ensuring spectrum efficiency, wide coverage and virtually unlimited scalability, it provides for nationwide expansion: Type-C Trunking Gen2 offers enhanced features, flexibility and performance, linking up to 1,000 sites or 24 networks.
- DMR: For simple conventional communications, making use of existing infrastructure, DMR is an excellent, cost-effective solution. Being energy-efficient, it offers longer battery life. And thanks to 2-slot TDMA, it is possible to obtain 2 talk paths within an analog 12.5 kHz bandwidth, thus doubling the capacity. The NX-5000 Series supports Tier II conventional mode.
- P25: This digital CAI ensures interoperability among public safety agencies in North America.. The NX-5000 Series is compatible with Phase 1 (conventional and trunked), and Phase 2 (trunked).
Kenwood NX-5200/NX-5300/NX-5400 Features
Two Configurations to Choose From
Choose between two portable configurations – one without a numeric keypad and the other with numeric keypad (16-key model). Both styles feature the 4-way Directional-pad (D-pad) and 2-position lever switch.
Full-volor, 1.74-inch Color LCD Display
A 1.74-inch (240 x 180 pixel) 65,536-color Transflective LCD, capable of displaying a multi-line text and colored icons, can be viewed clearly in direct sunlight or in the dark, even while wearing polarized sunglasses.
Hands-free operation is vital for many NX-3000 users. The radios’ built-in Bluetooth® module is compatible with Headset and Serial Port Profiles (ver. 3.0) and keeps your hands free.
GPS To Transmit Your Position
Featuring an integrated GPS module and antenna, NX-3000 portable radios can transmit positional data, enabling effective management when used with tracking applications like KAS-20 software. Mobile models can support GPS with the optional KRA-40G.
Secure communications are an essential requirement, especially for public safety applications. NX-3000 radios are equipped with 56-bit key Data Encryption Standard (DES) encryption. For even higher protection the radios can support 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption with optional module.
Sensors For User Safety
Man-down Detection, Stationary Detection, or Motion Detection will be automatically engaged when the embedded acceleration and tilt sensors detect unusual behavior. Lone Worker function automatically places the radio in Emergency Mode if it is not operated for a certain period of time. The bright orange Emergency Button is located at the top (portables) or front (mobiles) of the radio for high visibility and instant access when needed.
SD Card Slot
For storing voice and data, memory capacity can be increased up to a huge 32GB on a microSD card.* * Purchase a card separately
Kenwood NX-5200/NX-5300/NX-5400 Additional Features
- Multi-Digital + FM Analog Operation
- Gen2 & NXDN® Conventional/Type-C Trunking Protocol
- DMR Tier II Conventional
- P25 Conventional/Trunking (Phase 1/Phase 2)
- FM Analog Conventional & LTR Zones
- Color GUI and Multi-line Text Display
- 1,000 mW Speaker Audio (@8 Ω, 5% distortion)
- 4-way Directional-pad (D-pad) and 2-Position Lever Switch
- 6 Front & 2 Side PF keys
- 12-Key Keypad Models Available
- Emergency / AUX Key
- Maximum of 4,000 CH/Radio capacity, 512 CH/Zone, 128 Zones
- Intrinsically Safe Option
Find Us On: