Dispatch radio systems are critical for some of our most important industries, including emergency services, local response teams, and state government use. These systems must be in proper working order, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. This is when clear communication really can be a matter of life and death.
In the world of emergency services, the operation of the incident command center is where the success of your team begins. VEI Communications has extensive experience in the business of dispatch radio systems throughout Southern Indiana, Southern Illinois, Western Kentucky, and the Louisville metro area. We provide the tools, resources, and expertise to bring emergency communications for emergency situations to your operations.
Dispatch Systems: How They Work and Why They’re Needed
Many people understand what an emergency dispatch radio system is used for; we call 911 and help arrives. But, behind the scenes, most do not understand exactly how those lines of communication work from the ground up, from start to finish.
A basic dispatch process looks something like this:
1. Telephone operators take the phone call
2. The operator enters client information into a computer system
3. Information is then sent to the dispatcher
4. Dispatcher arrives on the scene
Dispatch centers can be used in a variety of industries. We know they are most commonly used to send emergency services where help is needed. In other cases, they are also used to manage a fleet of trucks for local companies, can oversee a network of buses for Louisville schools, or simply to send a taxi downtown.
In these situations, dispatch radio systems can be designed, installed, and utilized to help automate routing and scheduling processes. A quality dispatch system provides a simpler way to coordinate routes and deliveries efficiently. But, in order to make any dispatch system run smoothly, you need the right equipment.
Dispatch Equipment: Understanding the Components
When you need quality communication products for your dispatch radio system, VEI Communications is the best source for competitive prices and quality control. We are a dependable provider in Vincennes, IN, Evansville, IN, Louisville, KY, and Russellville, KY, offering everything you need for your dispatch radio system:
- The Console: The console is the core to your dispatch operations. Consoles are self-contained radio dispatching units that control single or multiple base stations. Consoles may be remotely located in another part of the building, a branch office, or even in another city. Multiple desktop consoles can work in parallel to access and control a radio system.
- Two Way Radios: We offer a variety of makes and models of two way radios that give you the features you’re looking for. All of our equipment comes with installation, training, and a maintenance program that can support you for any repairs or replacement units in the future.
- Pagers: A voice pager is the latest and most technologically advanced pager on the market. Pagers can send clear messages directly to your team and play an important part in quick communication, along beside your dispatch system.
Benefits of Using Dispatch Radio
Dispatch radio systems for mission-critical communication jobs give users the ability to share tasks and manage multiple locations all on one screen. Dispatch radio systems allow for your business to stay safe, productive, secure, and reliable when it counts.
- Safety: The number one priority with any dispatch system is to maintain and follow safety regulations for everyone involved.
- Productivity: When there’s multiple things happening at once or lots of moving parts to oversee, dispatch allows any industry to function more productively by giving more clear direction than before.
- Security: With a professionally designed and installed dispatch radio system, you have the peace of mind that your dispatchers have the best tools available to respond quickly and effectively.
- Reliability: Dispatch communication is always more reliable than cell phones or other communication methods.
Whether your organization is large or small, with basic or complex needs, our dispatch communications solutions provide reliable connectivity, intuitive operation, and robust functionality for your team.
Full System Design with VEI Communications
VEI Communications offers wide area, on site, full system design, and installation for radio dispatch systems and consoles. Whether your coverage area is comprised of a few small buildings or spans a multi-site campus, we can help you build a system that meets all of your communications coverage needs.
Radio communication systems are not a one-size-fits-all solution. We understand each business has unique needs. We guide each customer through all of the features, benefits, and applications available. We combine the best in technology with user-friendly interfaces to help each customer make an educated purchasing decision.
Our Dispatch Design Process:
The first step is to meet with the customer. We spend time discussing what your communication needs and goals are. We discuss everything from the individual equipment and the bigger picture including:
- Shortcomings of any current needs
- How the equipment is used
- Where the radio equipment is used
- Who will be using the equipment
- Future company goals
- Features, benefits, and application options like call talking, instant recall, record, etc.
Second, our team uses this valuable information to design a system for your company that incorporates your needs and goals.
Third, we provide you with complete installation of your new system from start to finish. We don’t just hand you a box of parts. Our in-house technicians install all of the equipment to make sure it is in working order before we leave your office building. Furthermore, If you’ve never had a radio system in place, we can help you with the required authorizations to operate on a radio frequency and monitor your agreement.
Lastly, we train your entire crew on using the equipment and provide adequate education on best practices for use. We’ll make sure your team is confident in the equipment and system before we leave you with your new dispatch radio system.
A full system design can be done in anywhere from a few hours to several days, depending on the size of the system and feature requests you are making. If investing in your own wide area dispatch communication system doesn’t make sense for your organization, you can use our secure, affordable, and scalable subscription option, known as FleetTalk. This gets you up and running on a reliable wide area dispatch communication system with expert technical support.
Your Local Dispatch Partner
With our expertise in dispatch consoles and dispatch radio system design, you can rest assured of acquiring reliable assistance when you choose us. VEI Communications is located in Louisville, KY, Russellville, KY, Vincennes, IN, and Evansville, IN serving local companies within 60 miles of each of our locations. If you’re ready to implement a dispatch radio system, contact us today to get started.